Host Families Needed!
Would you like to make a positive impact on the life of a collegiate student athlete? The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are seeking host families who will welcome players into their homes for the season (Late May – Mid-August). The host family program is vital to the success of every team in the Northwoods League, both on and off the field. Host families house, feed and provide the player with support, ultimately making the experience special and rewarding for all involved.
Host Family Details:
• Provide a home and a bedroom for the player(s) during the season. (Some players may need transportation, but carpools can be arranged.)
• You’ll receive complimentary tickets for your immediate family.
• You’ll receive a 15% discount in the team store.
• You will be guaranteed all giveaway items distributed during the season
• Your family will be invited to attend special host family events.
• You will make a positive impact on the future of a young man.
• You just might be getting to know a future Major League Baseball Star!
If you are interested in becoming part of the Host Family Program, please fill out the form below:
Please contact Ryan Moede at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. Does the player require his own bedroom? Yes, host families offer the players a spare room though players may share a room with one another if there are multiple beds.
2. Will I have to provide meals for the player? You will be asked to provide breakfast and lunch while the team is in town. Dinner will be provided by the Fond du Lac Baseball Club.
3. Will I have to provide transportation for the player? Some players will have their own car, but others may need a ride to the ball park. The team can assist in setting up carpools, as well.
4. What kind of schedule will the player have? The players will be very busy playing 72 games in 75 days. They often get home late at night and sleep in, so your schedules might not match. However, establishing guidelines with your player will help the summer go smoothly.
5. Will I host the same player all summer? About half the roster changes throughout the summer due to injuries, summer school and fatigue. Players may go home and others may take their place. We are grateful for our host families’ flexibility as players come and go.