2021 COVID-19 Readiness Plan. Please revisit for future questions and updates as they come available to the team and our fans.
On behalf of the Kalamazoo Growlers, members of the Northwoods League, the practices identified below represent best practical efforts to keep our community safe when attending functions, events and games at Homer Stryker Field, in preparation for the 2021 season. The outlined steps and initiatives are intended to preserve the safety of staff, players and fans.
The Growlers will continue to follow the guidance of national, state and local agencies, as well as the directives of the Northwoods League, to develop these policies and to determine the appropriate time for hosting events of various scopes at Homer Stryker Field. The input of local and regional medical and health partners will also play a significant role in informing the below policies.
- Increased regularity and scope of washdowns and cleanings.
- Added hand sanitizing stations for public and employee use around the ballpark along with highly visible signage with sanitation policies and procedures
- Restrooms to be disinfected before each game
- Doors to remain open and required entry and exit doors
ENTRY / EXIT
- Fans are highly encouraged to check their temperature before the game. If a fan does not feel well or is running a fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, the Growlers ask that they do not attend the game. Please call your ticket representative before the game to discuss alternate options.
- Masks will only be required for unvaccinated fans in indoor areas (Restrooms, Bear Cave indoor and Team Shop). Vaccinated fans will not be required to wear masks.
- Fans will be encouraged to social distance when entering and exiting the facility.
GAMEDAY STAFFING POLICIES
- All staff members will be provided with and required to wear protective equipment and will be required to wash and sanitize frequently.
- Staff will be required to wear masks when actively preparing or handling food.
- All staff members will be instructed to stay home if not feeling well.
- Staff members may be subject to health screenings upon arrival.
- Continuous training for staff members regarding updated policies, procedures and guidelines related to health and safety.
CLUBHOUSE & ON-FIELD PERSONNEL
- The Growlers will work with the Bronson Sports Medicine team, Kalamazoo Parks and Recreation and the Northwoods League on proper guidelines throughout the summer.
- Unvaccinated players under the age of 19 will undergo weekly COVID-19 antigen tests.
- Unvaccinated players will be required to wear masks indoors.
TICKET PURCHASE / SERVICING
- As a general practice, fans will be asked to use mobile devices for tickets. Printed tickets are still available to fans if needed.
- Season ticket and group/hospitality customers will have the option of contactless ticket distribution; all subsequent exchanges or additional ticket requests may be conducted electronically.
- The Growlers highly encourage contactless credit card and electronic payments at all concession, merchandise and ticket locations throughout the ballpark.
Food and Beverage
- Additional staff will be hired to assist with food and beverage policies and to help disinfect surfaces before, during, and after all events.
- Staff will have preseason training along with in season updates and reminders to ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at all food and beverage outlets and proper distancing will be enforced with staff and signage at all areas.
- Growlers staff will be required to wear proper personal protection.
- All utensils will be pre-packaged and distributed by Growlers staff
Gifts/Handouts, Fun Zone
- Handouts will still occur with protective measures in place, i.e. programs will be handed out with gloves.
- Fun Zone will be sanitized before the game and high touch areas to be sanitized throughout the game. Fun Zone to have a limited number of participants and any given time.
- Unvaccinated fans will be required to wear masks.
- The store and checkout line will be constructed in a way to allow for proper social distancing.
COMMUNICATION / MESSAGING
- Signage will be posted throughout the ballpark reminding fans of the current State of MI recommendations and CDC guidelines.
- The Growlers plan will be posted on the Growlers website and shared throughout the season on the team’s social media and through their email channels.
- Messaging around the ballpark will educate and encourage fans proper procedures.
- Links to new stadium maps, this readiness plan, and other important information will be included in receipt emails to ticket buyers.