Green Bay first stop on Growlers long road trip. Series Preview (July 8-9)
Kalamazoo, Mich- The Kalamazoo Growlers embark on their longest road trip of the season with six games in six days. The road trip will pit the Growlers against the Green Bay Bullfrogs, Waterloo Bucks and the Rochester Honkers.
Who: Kalamazoo Growlers (1-5) at Green Bay Bullfrogs (2-4)
When: Tuesday, July 8 at 8:05 p.m. and Wednesday, July 9 at 8:05 p.m.
Where: Joannes Stadium
Listen on UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kalamazoo-growlers
Watch LIVE on YouTube
Twitter: Follow @kzoogrowlers for updates
Facebook: Updates throughout the game for the ultimate fan experience.
Tuesday, July 8: LHP Greyson Granger (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Nathan Disch (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
Greyson Granger (Kalamazoo Valley Community College) is a crafty left that was a staple in the starting rotation for the Cougars this past year and will be making his first appearance with the Growelrs. Granger knows how to pitch effectively and throw strikes and according to assistant coach Piechocki, there is never a moment too big for him.
Wednesday, July 9: TBA vs. TBA
Lineups will be posted to Facebook and Twitter prior to first pitch
LAST TIME THEY MET
All-time series- 2-2
June 14: Kalamazoo 6, Green Bay 3
June 15: Kalamazoo 8, Green Bay 7
NORTHWOODS LEAGUE RANKINGS
• Batting average- .270 (2nd)
• Runs scored- 208 (6th)
• Hits- 381 (2nd)
• Triples – 14 (1st)
• Home Runs – 20 (7th)
• RBI’s – 184 (3rd)
• Earned Runs – 210 (18th)
• Hits – 372 (13th)
• Walks – 219 (18th)
• Strikeouts – 250 (14th)
• Innings Pitched – 358.0 (8th)
• Troy Montgomery (Ohio State) has been a tough out for any Northwoods League pitcher this season with his .345 batting average, which is fourth best in the league.
• Ryan Smoyer (Notre Dame) gave the Growlers their first ever Northwoods League Pitcher of the Night dominating yet another start. Smoyer who has a league-leading five wins under his belt, pitched eight masterful innings, allowing just one run on two hits while striking out five against the defending champion, Madison Mallards.
• Brett Sunde (Western Michigan) loves to see Bullfrog pitching as in the two games that he has started against the Bullfrogs he has went 4-for-9 (.444) with two runs scored.
• The Growler pitching staff has struck out 20 Bullfrog batters in the four games that have been played this season. Highlighted by Joshua Buchalski (Michigan State) who struck out nine.
• In the four games this season against Green Bay, the Growlers have scored 30 runs and registered 37 hits.
NORTHWOODS LEAGUE HONORS
-Player of the Night
• June 1- Nick Yarnall (3-4, HR, 3 R, BB)
• June 15- Jared Kujawa (3-4, RBI, R)
-Pitcher of the Night
• July 7 – Ryan Smoyer ( 8IP, 2H, R, 5 K)
• The Growlers will be on the road after Green Bay, to face off against two North Divsion opponents in the Waterloo Bucks and Rochester Honkers.