Growlers looking to keep winning streak alive against Woodchucks
Kalamazoo, Mich.- Coming off the all-star break, the Kalamazoo Growlers are looking to keep up their four-game winning streak as the Wisconsin Woodchucks come to town for the second time in two weeks.
Who: Wisconsin Woodchucks (12-8) at Kalamazoo Growlers (8-10)
When: Thursday, July 24 at 7:05 p.m. and Friday, July 25 at 7:05 p.m.
Where: Homer Stryker Field
Watch on growlersbaseball.com under the Watch Live section
Twitter: Follow @kzoogrowlers for updates
Facebook: Updates throughout the game
PROBABLE STARTERS (Growlers starter in italics)
Game 1: RHP Parker Dunshee (3-2, 4.66 ERA) vs. TBA
Game 2: RHP Andy Ravel (1-2, 5.09 ERA) vs. TBA
LAST TIME THEY MET
All-time series: 1-5
July 15 : Wisconsin 7, Kalamazoo 5 (F/11)
July 16 : Wisconsin 6, Kalamazoo 4
NORTHWOODS LEAGUE RANKINGS
• Batting average: .271 (4th)
• Runs scored: 277 (9th)
• Hits: 497 (3rd)
• Triples: 16 (1st)
• Home Runs: 29 (8th)
• RBIs: 251 (6th)
• ERA: 5.42 (17th)
• Hits: 502 (15th)
• Walks: 297 (18th)
• Strikeouts: 302 (16th)
• Innings Pitched: 467.0 (11th)
• Ryan Smoyer (Notre Dame), Ryan Lidge (Notre Dame), Jared Kujawa (Western Michigan) and Troy Montgomery (Ohio State) all participated in the 2014 Northwoods League All-Star Game and represented the Growlers in a very high fasion. Lidge has been a killer behind the plate all year, and he gunned down a runner at second. Lidge also had a single in the game. Smoyer came in relief and got out of a jam, hitting 90 mph.
- Troy Montgomery is fifth in the league in batting average (.364) and continues to tear it up against the Wisconsin Woodchucks as well. In six games played against the Woodchucks, Montgomery has a .476 average with two home runs and four RBIs.
- Jesse Puscheck has totaled the most RBIs against the Woodchucks with five.
- These two teams have been evenly matched all year as three of the six games have went to extra innings.
NORTHWOODS LEAGUE HONORS
Player of the Night
• June 1: Nick Yarnall (3-4, HR, 3 R, BB)
• June 15: Jared Kujawa (3-4, RBI, R)
• June 30: Jared Kujawa (3-5, HR, 5 RBI’s)
Pitcher of the Night
- July 7: Ryan Smoyer (8 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 5 K)
- July 20: Ryan Smoyer (7.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 4 K)
The Growlers will be home for the next four games and will have awesome gameday promotions going on at Homer Stryker Field. On Thursday, July 24th, its the nationally acclaimed Salute to Selfie Night with the Growlers wearing selfie jerseys. Learn more about all of the great promotions at Homer Stryker Field:http://northwoodsleague.com/kalamazoo-growlers/promotions-schedule/