Dock Spiders Lose On Another Walk Off
MADISON, WI— The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (6-5) fall to the Madison Mallards (10-1) in the bottom of the ninth. The bats came alive for the Dock Spiders, but unfortunately the Mallards wouldn’t go away.
How It Happened
- In the bottom of the second the Mallards put two on the board off a two run homerun.
- Top of the third the Dock Spiders would answer back Andrew Bullock (Western Carolina) would get the RBI single. Jack Alexander (Notre Dame) would follow that up with a sac fly to tie it up at 2-2.
- The Mallards would take the lead back with a solo shot in the bottom of the third to make it 3-2.
- A two run fourth inning started by a passed ball that scored Cherokee LeBeau (Oakland) and a Max Downs (Saint Xavier) RBI single to propel the Dock Spiders to a 4-3 lead.
- A Zeb Adreon (Iowa) two run blast would give the Dock Spiders a 6-3 lead. An inning later Drew Hmielewski (Minnesota) would score off a Bullock base knock and make it 7-4.
- The Mallards would then put up six unanswered runs to walk off and win 10-4
- Hmielewski went 2-4 with a double and a walk and scored two runs.
- Bullock went 3-5 with a triple, a run, and two RBI.
- Adreon went 2-4 with a two run home run.
- Downs went 2-3 with a double.
- The Dock Spiders will take on the Mallards tomorrow night at 6:05 PM CST.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The 25-year old summer collegiate league is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 200 former Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (BOS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET) and Curtis Granderson (MIA). All league games are viewable live via theNorthwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.