FOND DU LAC, WI– The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (8-8) took on the Lakeshore Chinooks (5-11) in the back end of tonight’s day-night double header. And it was a rough game for the Dock Spiders.
How it Happened
- The Chinooks struck first against Ryan Miller (Benedictine) and a lead off walk came back to haunt them.
- Andrew Schleusner (Montana State Billings) delivered an RBI single to tie it up at 1-1.
- The Chinooks wouldn’t give up as they tacked on two more to make it 3-1 in the second inning.
- Schleusner would get his second RBI of the night after belting a double. Charlie Maxwell (Northwestern) would drive in the tying run on a sac fly and make it 3-3 in the third.
- Things went South in the fourth as the Chinooks put a five spot up to make it 8-3.
- Kellen Sarver (Illinois) delivered an RBI single to cut it to 8-4 in the fourth.
- Things got even worse for the Dock Spiders as the Chinooks added four more runs to make it 12-4 in the fifth.
- The Dock Spiders struggled offensively from there. And the Chinooks added one more to win 13-4.
- Dock Spiders take on the Wisconsin Rapid Rafters tomorrow night, first pitch 6:35 PM CST. It’s Weaver Toy Night, you won’t want to miss that one.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The 25-year old summer collegiate league is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 200 former Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (BOS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET) and Curtis Granderson (MIA). All league games are viewable live via theNorthwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.