Fondy Dominates Green Bay On The Road
ASHWAUBENON, WI – The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders continued their hot start to the 2021 season in their second consecutive win over the Green Bay Booyah. On Tuesday night, the Dock Spiders topped the Booyah 10-3. After going down 1-2-3 in the first inning, Fond du Lac posted back-to-back four-run frames in the next two frames to take a commanding 8-0 lead after three. Green Bay responded with two runs in the fourth, but the Dock Spiders’ lead was too much to overcome.
- With the bases-loaded in the third, Gus Collins lifted a ball down the third base line that was just out of the reach of the diving left fielder allowing three runs to score and Collins to record a triple. However, due to wet conditions from an earlier rain, when the left fielder came to relay the throw in, the ball slipped out of his hand, letting Collins come home to score.
- It looked like Green Bay had found their rhythm in the seventh by loading the bases with two outs, but Kaden Krueger closed out the frame with a full-count strikeout, allowing no runs to score.
- Fond du Lac capitalized on the Booyah’s mistakes throughout the game, scoring five unearned runs off six errors by Green Bay’s defense.
- Connor Manthey had yet another strong performance, going 2-4 with two singles and one walk.
- Riley Frey displayed his strong command from the mound as he threw six innings and allowed just five hits and two earned runs, while walking three and striking out four batters.
- Collins totaled six RBI in Tuesday’s win.
- Krueger started the seventh inning in relief of Frey and struck out three of the fourteen batters he faced.
The Dock Spiders (2-0) return home on Wednesday as they host the Lakeshore Chinooks (1-1) with first pitch set for 6:35 p.m. at Herr-Baker Field.
|FDL – 10||0||4||4||0||0||1||0||0||1|
|GB – 3||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||1||0|