Rain Delay Does Not Keep Dock Spiders From Win
WAUSAU, WI – A two-hour rain delay did not keep the Dock Spiders away from having an explosive offensive performance to pair with dominant pitching in their Thursday night win over the Woodchucks. The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders defeated the Wisconsin Woodchucks, 9-3. The Dock Spiders were able to score five runs before a thunderstorm stopped play midway through the second inning for two hours on Thursday evening. Following the stoppage, Fond du Lac picked up right where they left off and cruised to their seventh win of the season to draw with a half game of first place in the Great Lakes West division standings.
- Jay Harry gave Fond du Lac their first lead of the night on a two-RBI single in the second inning, the beginning of a five-run frame for the Dock Spiders
- Jackson Lofin nearly lifted a two-out hit over the outfield wall in the second but instead a standup double off-the-wall scored Christian McKelvey and gave Loftin his third RBI in eight games
- Ryan Lasko rocketed his second home run of the season, this one a first pitch solo shot to lead off the ninth inning
- Nate Thomas entered Thursday’s game with one out in the fourth inning to begin what would become a night to remember for the Indiana native. Thomas pitched the final 5.2 innings, allowing just one hit, one run, and one walk while striking out seven Woodchuck batters
- Lasko would finish 2-3 with three runs scored, one home run and one RBI
- Harry registered his first start as a Dock Spider, going 3-5 with three RBI and one run scored
With the Great Lakes West division lead at-stake, the Dock Spiders and Woodchucks will meet again on Friday night at Athletic Park with first pitch set for 6:35 p.m.
|FDL – 9||0||5||2||1||0||0||0||0||1|
|WIS – 3||1||0||0||1||0||0||1||0||0|