Dock Spiders Take First Place with Win over Woodchucks
FOND DU LAC, WI – After chasing the Woodchucks for first place in the Great Lakes West division standings for a few weeks, the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders were able to retake the top spot after winning both games in Wednesday’s doubleheader. Following a 7-1 in the early afternoon, the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders defeated the Wisconsin Woodchucks, 5-3, on Wednesday night. While both teams now have 15 wins this season, the Dock Spiders now hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Woodchucks, 3-1.
- After Victor Scott scored the game’s first run on a wild pitch, Jackson Loftin grounded out to allow Caleb Durbin to score and extend the Dock Spiders’ lead to 2-0 in the first inning
- Scott continued his offensive efforts in the third with an RBI single that brought home Chandler Simpson
- Connor Manthey lifted a sacrifice fly in the sixth inning to score Ryan Lasko and Fond du Lac’s fifth and final run in the win
- Scott led the offensive push for the Dock Spiders on Wednesday night, going 2-3 with two RBI and one run scored
- Loftin now has 15 RBI this season, a team-high, after totaling two in the win over the Woodchucks
The Dock Spiders (15-9) will travel to Kapco Park on Thursday, June 24, 2021 against the Lakeshore Chinooks with first pitch set for 6:35 p.m.
|WIS – 3||0||0||0||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|FDL – 5||2||0||1||0||1||1||0||0||X|
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 250 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB Gold Glove finalist and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Booyah as your favorite team.