Harris Hits Walk-off to Defeat Booyah
FOND DU LAC, WI – For the third time in three weeks, the Dock Spiders were able to bring home a win Tuesday in walk-off fashion. In 10 innings, the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders defeated the Green Bay Booyah, 7-6.
- Jackson Loftin now leads the NWL with 36 RBI after giving the Dock Spiders a 1-0 lead in the first inning on an RBI single to left field
- Later in the second inning, Ryan Lasko continues to see his offensive game trend up with an RBI single as one of his two hits in the win
- With one out in the 10th inning, Calvin Harris laced the game-winning RBI hit to centerfield to bring home Kyte McDonald from third base and take down the Booyah
- McDonald had his best offensive performance of the season to this point as he finished 4-5 with an RBI double and two runs scored
- Jackson Kimbrell pitched 6.0 innings Tuesday, allowing just three hits and no earned runs while totaling four strikeouts of Booyah batters
The Dock Spiders (28-15) will travel to Witter Field Wednesday for a double header of nine inning games against the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. The first game will begin at 11:35 a.m. with the second game scheduled for 6:35 p.m. Wednesday evening.
|GB – 2||0||0||0||0||0||4||0||0||0|
|FDL – 2||2||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||1|
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 250 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB Gold Glove finalist and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.