FOND DU LAC, WI – The Dock Spiders bounced-back in a dominant way with a win over the Booyah Saturday night. A strong outing from Jared Bellissimo lifted the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders to a 3-2 victory over the Green Bay Booyah.
- Chandler Simpson gave the Dock Spiders an early 1-0 in the second inning with an RBI single to pick up his twentieth RBI on the season
- Calvin Harris extended the lead in the third with an RBI single of his own
- With a one-run lead, Alex Vera stranded two Booyah baserunners in the bottom of the ninth inning to earn his third save of the season
- Fond du Lac could not have asked for a better start by Bellissimo who tossed 6.0 scoreless innings, allowing just two hits while striking out six batters, a single-game season high for the left-handed pitcher
- Victor Scott would not only finish 2-5, but also would be responsible for one run scored and four of the Dock Spiders’ nine stolen bases on the night
The Dock Spiders (31-16) will return to Herr-Baker Field Sunday to host Green Bay in the final game before the NWL All-Star break, with first pitch for 1:05 p.m.
|FDL – 3||0||1||1||0||0||0||1||0||0|
|GB – 2||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||0||0|
For full statistics, click here.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 250 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB Gold Glove finalist and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.