Dock Spiders Defeats Lakeshore Sunday
MEQUON, WI – By capitalizing on errors and pitching miscues, the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders defeated the Lakeshore Chinooks Sunday evening, 10-6.
- The Dock Spiders managed to score four runs through the first four innings without recording a hit
- In the first inning alone, Chandler Simpson stole three bases as part of his five bag night
- Fond du Lac managed to draw 14 walks meanwhile Lakeshore committed seven defensive errors Sunday
- Simpson and Victor Scott combined for six walks and seven stolen bases in the win
- Josh Spiegel would record half of the Dock Spiders’ four hits as he finished 2-3 Sunday
|FDL – 10||2||2||0||0||0||0||4||2||0|
|LAK – 6||0||0||0||1||3||0||0||0||2|
The Dock Spiders (33-20) will return to Herr-Baker Field Monday to host the Madison Mallards for a doubleheader of seven-inning games with first pitch in game one set for 11:35 a.m.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 250 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB Gold Glove finalist and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.