Dock Spiders Make History Again in Win over Chinooks
FOND DU LAC, WI – The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders defeated the Lakeshore Chinooks, 6-3, Friday night to sweep the two-game series and go into the weekend with a four-game win streak.
- Sam Ireland tied the game in the fourth inning on an RBI single to right field, allowing Jackson Loftin to score
- Later in the fourth, Ryan Lasko lifted his fourth home run of the season over the left field fence to give Fond du Lac a 4-1 lead over Lakeshore
- To secure his first RBI hit as a Dock Spider, Alberto Rios laced an RBI double to left field in the sixth inning
- In the eighth inning, McGwire Holbrook stole his first base of the season, and also the Dock Spiders’ 193rd stolen base as a team, setting a new NWL single-season record
- In addition to the team continuing to add to its’ season stolen-base total, Jackson Loftin now has 41 stolen bases following Friday’s win
- Tyler Shingledecker had his best outing of the summer, pitching 6.0 innings with two earned runs and six strikeouts of Chinooks’ batters
|LAK – 3||0||0||1||0||0||1||0||1||0|
|FDL – 6||0||0||0||3||1||2||0||0||X|
The Dock Spiders (37-21) will travel to Witter Field Saturday to meet the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters with first pitch set for 6:35 p.m.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 250 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB Gold Glove finalist and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.