Dock Spiders Fall to Woodchucks
FOND DU LAC, WI – Despite a ninth-inning rally, the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders were defeated by the Wisconsin Woodchucks Wednesday, 4-3.
- In his Dock Spider debut, Bradley Comer laced an RBI double to right field in the third inning to tie the game at 1-1
- Later in the third, Jackson Loftin picked up his NWL leading 50th RBI of the season with an RBI double of his own
- In an attempted-comeback, Alberto Rios cut the Wisconsin lead in half with an RBI double in the ninth inning to score Colin Trembley
- Jake Suddreth made his first appearance with Fond du Lac and tossed 2.0 innings while totaling four strikeouts in nine batters faced
- Rios would have his best offensive game to date, finishing 2-4 with two doubles, an RBI, and one run scored
|FDL – 3||0||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|WIS – 4||0||1||0||0||1||0||1||1||X|
The Dock Spiders (39-23) will travel to the capital city on Thursday to meet the Madison Mallards for their two-game series opener with first pitch set for 6:35 p.m.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 250 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB Gold Glove finalist and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.