Dock Spiders Seeking Game Day Team Members for 2022
FOND DU LAC, WI – The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are seeking game day team members for the 2022 season. The Dock Spiders bring people together to build lifelong memories through the impact of sports and entertainment. Our team has the opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. Our organizational mission: “Our team will create the best entertainment experience in Wisconsin so that every guest walks away with a smile and the desire to return.”
The Dock Spiders provide a fun and exciting work environment in a family-friendly atmosphere and are currently accepting applications for part-time, seasonal, and game day positions. Applications can be picked up at the Dock Spiders front office (980 E Division St.) or online HERE. A complete listing of jobs available:
Stadium Operations and Customer Service Positions:
- Fan Assistance Booth – Assist front office staff with the operation of Fan Assistance during each game; Focus is on complete stadium knowledge, strong customer service rapport, quick decision making skills, and professional judgment; Fans check in at the Fan Assistance Center for on-field activities, emergency PA requests, and to pick up prizes during the game
- Ushers – Responsibilities include pre-game prep, greeting and assisting fans to their seats, watch crowd for problems or injuries during game, assist fans safely out at the end of the game
- Security – Responsible for fan safety; Must be 21 or older, with some experience
- Promo Crew – Assist with in-game promotions and get fans excited and involved in the game
- Video Production – Operate or direct video equipment/cameras for the Northwoods League video stream; Previous video or camera experience is a plus
- Scoreboard – Accurately update balls, strikes, outs, runs, hits, etc. on the scoreboard during play; Play music in-between innings and as part of promotions
- Kid’s Zone Games – Interact with kids who are participating in the Speed Pitch, Slide, and Bounce House
- Retail Store – Assist fans with checking out in the team store and help maintain the store appearance during games
- Bat Boy/Girl – Must be 16 years or older
- NEW FOR 2022! Bartenders – Mix cocktails and pour drinks in a fun environment while providing a first-class customer experience; Must be 18 or older; Completion of liquor license course required prior to start date; Prior bartending experience a plus
- Cooks & Kitchen Staff – Primary responsibilities include planning, preparation and cooking of meals for baseball games; A basic understanding of the food service industry is preferred
- Servers – Server experience preferred; Completion of liquor license course a plus but not required
- Concession Stand Server – Responsible for the distribution of food and beverage out of concession stands and kiosks
- Concession Stand Register Operator – Primary responsibilities include taking food and beverage orders, cash handling, and customer interaction
- Concession Stand Runner – Individuals are required to keep food and beverage product replenished during baseball games; Required to lift half barrels (161 lbs.) on occasion; The job also includes frequent walking and standing for extended periods of time
Job seekers may return completed applications to the Dock Spiders front office during normal business hours, via email to email@example.com, or by mail to:
Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
Attn: Employment Application
PO Box 2152
Fond du Lac, WI 54936
Applicants should be energetic, friendly, and dependable, and look forward to contributing to the welcoming atmosphere of Marian University’s Herr-Baker Field. The Dock Spiders offer a fun-filled atmosphere and a unique employee experience for the summer months. The Dock Spiders are an equal opportunity employer.
The Dock Spiders begin their sixth season on Memorial Day (May 30) against the Wausau Woodchucks at 1:05 p.m. at Marian University’s Herr-Baker Field. In five seasons as part of the Northwoods League, the Dock Spiders have made the playoffs three times and have won two league championships. A total of twenty former Dock Spiders players have been drafted by Major League Baseball teams.
Ticket packages and group tickets are currently available at the Dock Spiders Ticket Office at 980 E. Division St., by calling (920) 907-9833, and online at dockspiders.com. The popular Souvenir 7 Ticket Package was recently announced and features three bobbleheads, two pairs of socks, an adjustable hat, and a player t-shirt. Season-long daily promotions and theme nights will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 27th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires, and front office staff, over 250 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB Gold Glove finalist and 2019 Second Team All-MLB shortstop Marcus Semien (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit dockspiders.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Dock Spiders as your favorite team.