Walmart & Sam’s Club have agreed to a founding partnership with Kalamazoo Growlers baseball. This partnership will provide fans and consumers with great experiences at the ballpark and new ways to combine shopping at Walmart & Sam’s Club with their love of Growlers baseball
The Kalamazoo Growlers have developed some unique benefits for Walmart & Sam’s Club shoppers called the Walmart Receipt Rewards Program. Fans can take their Walmart and Sam’s Club receipts each week to the Growlers box office and redeem them for prizes. The reward structure is as follows:
- Everyone who redeems receipts gets a Walmart sustainable shopping bag
- $500+ Receive Buy One Get One tickets to any Sun-Wed game
- $1,000+ Receive (2) General Admission tickets to any Sun-Wed game and a $5 gift card to Walmart or Sam’s Club*
- $2,500+ Receive (2) Reserved Box tickets to any game this season and a $10 gift card to Walmart or Sam’s Club**
- $5,000+ Receive (4) Reserved Box tickets, (4) hotdogs, (4) sodas, and a $20 gift card to Walmart or Sam’s Club***
- $10,000+ Receive (4) Miller Lite Party Zone tickets (all food and beverage included) to any game this season, an autographed baseball signed by Northwoods League alum and MLB All-Stars, a round of golf with Growlers field manager Joe Carbone, and a $50 gift card to Walmart or Sam’s Club ****ONLY 2 OF THESE PACKAGES AVAILABLE
Walmart Receipt Rewards Program Rules and Regulations
- Receipts must be from January 2014 or later
- Contest begins when individual tickets go on sale in early May
- *Gift cards limited to first 100 people that redeem their receipts
- **Gift cards limited to first 50 people that redeem their receipts
- *** Gift cards limited to first 25 people that redeem their receipts
Every Friday night at Homer Stryker Field will also be Fireworks and Flat Screen Fridays presented by Walmart & Sam’s Club. Throughout the 2014 season, the Growlers will host post-game fireworks and give away a flat screen TV courtesy of Walmart at these games (eight Friday games in the 2014 season). Also at every Friday game, Walmart & Sam’s Club will be sponsoring pre-game autographs. Fans that come to the stadium from 6-6:30 p.m. will be able to receive an autograph from their favorite Growlers superstar.
One of these Fireworks and Flat Screen Friday night games includes the 4th of July. On this night, the Growlers will be putting on the only fireworks show in Kalamazoo. The team will also be wearing Red, White, and Blue uniforms that will be auctioned off after the game. All proceeds will go to The Rainbow Connection charity. Rainbow Connection is dedicated to granting the wishes of Michigan children with life-threatening or terminal illnesses.
Growlers baseball, Walmart, and Sam’s Club have also partnered to create the Walmart & Sam’s Club Strikeout Hunger Program. For each strikeout a Growlers pitcher gets over the course of the 2014 season, Walmart will donate a sack of groceries to Feeding America and give out a gift card to one fan. Fans will hang “K” signs for each strikeout and a running total of the amount of groceries donated for the season.
Finally, Walmart & Sam’s Club will contribute to the Growlers Military Appreciation Night on July 17th. All veterans will receive a complimentary ticket for that night’s game with a Military ID. Tickets can be picked up at the ticket window with a valid military ID and are all courtesy of Walmart & Sam’s Club.