Incoming Loggers Weekend Recap (4/3/2017)
From the mound to the plate, many incoming 2017 Loggers had big weekends at their respective colleges. Here is a snapshot of highlights from this past weekend.
- Although UC-Davis came away with the loss on Saturday, Junior LHP, Orlando Razo, threw a gem. Razo gave up just one run on seven hits and struck out six over eight innings.
- On Saturday, John Sheaks lead LBSU to a win over UC-Santa Barbara. In six innings of work, Sheaks allowed just one run on six hits while striking out seven.
- Paul Richan improved his sophomore year USD record to 3-0 after pitching 6.2 innings scattering eight hits, giving up just one run, and sitting down seven.
- Mizzou's freshman LHP, TJ Sikkema, came in relief and threw a career-long 5.2 innings allowing just three base runners (two hits and a walk). Despite Sikkema's outstanding performance giving them a chance, Mizzou fell 1-2 to the #9 Florida Gators.
- Grant Ford, Nevada's freshman RHP, came in relief on Sunday to pitch six innings allowing two runs on three hits and collecting three strikeouts. Although a valiant effort by Ford, Nevada dropped the game 2-3 to Hawaii.
- Sophomore infielder, Brhet Bewley, led the offense for the #23 USD Toreros as they beat the University of San Francisco 8-2 on Sunday. Bewley went 3-for-4 with four RBI and one homerun.
- In a three-game series sweep against the USC Trojans, Mitchell Morimoto went 4-for-8 with two RBI for the #13 Arizona Wildcats.
- Jeremy Ydens, UCLA's freshman outfielder, went 2-for-4 including a two-run homerun to help launch the Bruins to a 17-4 defeat over Arizona State.
It was another action-packed weekend of baseball with many more to come. Make sure to check back here next week for updates on your incoming 2017 Loggers!