The Northwoods League Foundation (“Foundation”) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities. The Mission of the Northwoods League Foundation is: To utilize the game of baseball to enrich the quality of life for children and families with an enduring and caring focus on Northwoods League communities.
The Rockers, in partnership with long-time partner Rawlings, will be awarding one equipment grant, with an approximate retail value in excess of $2,000, to one youth softball organization in 2024.
What is the grant?
The grant is a standardized set of Rawlings equipment, sized for youth ages 9-12. Each grant includes:
||2024 Green Bay Rockers Softball Grant:
- (1) Set of catcher’s gear (helmet, chest protector, shin guards, mitt)
- (6) Batting helmets
- (9) Fielding gloves (7 RH, 2 LH)
- (1) Bucket of practice softballs
- (3) Bats (27 in. – 29 in.)
Who is eligible to receive the grant?
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
- Organization qualifies as a 501(c)(3) organization, school or school-based program, or community-based organization as defined under US IRC section 501(c)(3);
- Organization is not an individual, for-profit business, political, or religious organization;
- Organization provides opportunities for kids ages 9-12 to play baseball or softball within a community that is served by a Northwoods League affiliate.
How will grant applications be accepted and awarded?
Affiliate teams will be accepting grant applications from organizations within their community. The Foundation will not directly accept applications.
If your organization wishes to apply for this grant, please complete the application form below. The grant recipient will be chosen by the Northwoods League Foundation and be notified by the Rockers in mid-May. Any questions relating to the application, or Share the Glove Initiative can be directed to the Green Bay Rockers office by calling 920-497-7225.