Each summer, the Bucks bring approximately 40 college-aged men to the Cedar Valley. These players come from universities from all over the United States.
Host families house, feed and provide the player with support throughout the summer. Each player becomes a member of their host family during their time in the area. Hosting a player can be a rewarding experience.
Since the founding of the Waterloo Bucks in 1995, host families have been one of the most important parts of our team’s success both on and off the field. Having the players become a part of a local family helps these young men have some sense of normalcy in a strange, new city.
Here’s the Pitch:
- Provide a home and bed for the player(s) during the Bucks season
- Your family will be invited to attend special events
- The player will be a positive role model for your children
- You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the future of a young man
- You might be getting to know a future Major League Baseball star
- You have the potential for the creation of a long-term friendship
Families or individuals interested in becoming host families may apply with the Bucks by calling (319)232-0500.