“Dumb Idea” Generates Record Sales
By: Spencer Larson
Eau Claire Express
Every offseason I have to come up with new ideas that get our fans excited. I do surveys, I talk with fans, and I look across the country to find things that will blow our fans away. Ultimately, I have to bring my plan to my owner to get his approval.
This year I came up with a new idea:
Here’s how it went…
(I walk into my owner’s office and sit down)
Me… “I’ve got a big idea this offseason that I think you are going to like. I want to give free jerseys, mugs, and hats to our fans this season and on top of that, I want to feed them for free.”
My owner… “Get out of my office. That is the worst idea I’ve ever heard.”
Well, this might be the worst idea I’ve ever had, but yes, I am going to give free jerseys, hats, and mugs to you this season and feed you for free. And right before the Holiday season.
If you’re like me, holiday gift buying always stresses me out. Is it the right size? How do I do something different this year that they will like? Well I’ve got an idea that might work for you and it comes with a free jersey, hat, and mug. And that idea is our 5-game pack.
With the 5-game pack you get:
- All-You-Can-Eat. You get all of the hot dogs, burgers, brats, chips, sides, soda, and water you want for 90
minutes. We even provide your own buffet tent to skip the lines.
- Free Gifts. Receive a team jersey, hat, and mugall for free. ($75+ value)
- Our 5 Best Games. Fireworks nights, national entertainment acts, premium giveaway nights, the coveted July 4 game. The only way to guarantee your seat at these games is with your 5-Game pack. (Dates chosen in December)
- Easy Ticket Exchange. If you cannot make one of the games in the package, you can exchange it for a date that does work as long as you let us know ahead of time.
- Limited Availability. Our stadium only allows us to offer 500 of these packages per game and is not available for the single game buyer.
- Highly Affordable. All of this will only cost you $14 per game. If you walked up the day of the game you’d pay $11 per ticket and not get any food or gifts.
- Take On-Field Batting Practice. Want to take some hacks from the same spot Hank Aaron did in 1952? We’ll let you do that prior to a 2018 home game. This is only available to 5-Game Pack and season ticket holders.
This package was announced to the general public on Friday September 22nd. In just over a month we have sold over 250 5-game packages. The 5-game pack is limited to only 500 packages, so the package is over half way sold out before the 2017 MLB season has even ended. My “dumb idea” has worked so far and thankfully I have not yet been fired. Looking for a fun holiday gift idea? Have baseball fever before the 2017 baseball season is even over? Want a great deal? Don’t want to see me lose my job? All are great reasons to reserve your 2018 5-game pack today!
In order to reserve your 5-game pack, click this link to buy online and we will contact you about your seats. You can also call us at (715)839-7788. Jersey sizes will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
And do so soon before I get fired. This dumb idea is our best offer of the year and has limited supply left.