Express & NWL Foundation Announce “Share the Glove” Initiative
Eau Claire, WI – The Eau Claire Express are thrilled to announce they will be accepting applications for the Share the Glove Program. The Northwoods League announced this program to help celebrate their 25th season where 20 equipment grants, retailing approximately at $2,500, will be awarded to youth baseball and softball organizations across the Northwoods League affiliated communities.
Share the Glove grants will be divided up by (10) baseball grants being awarded through the North Division markets, while the South Division markets will be responsible for (10) softball grants, this means the Express will be awarding a baseball grant. Organizations must meet applicable criteria related to IRS 501(c)(3) guidelines and the Northwoods League Foundation’s mission.
Who is eligible to receive the grant?
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
- Organization qualifies as a 501(c)(3) organization, school or school-based program, or community-based organization as defined under US IRC section 501(c)(3);
- Organization is not an individual, for-profit business, political, or religious organization;
- Organization provides opportunities for kids ages 9-12 to play baseball or softball within a community that is served by a Northwoods League affiliate.
What is the grant?
The grant is a standardized set of Rawlings equipment, sized for youth ages 9-12. Recipients will receive:
- (2) Sets of Catcher’s Gear (Helmet, Chest Protector, Shin Guards, Mitt)
- (8) Batting Helmets
- (10) Fielding Gloves (8 Right Handed, 2 Left Handed)
- (1) Bucket of Practice Baseballs
- (6) Bats (28 inches to 31 inches)
Applications will be accepted until March 31st and the grant recipients will be notified prior to the start of the 2018 season. To download an application, click here.
Completed applications can be emailed to Collin Yeager: Collin@eauclaireexpress.com
The Northwoods League Foundation (“Foundation”) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities. The Mission of the Northwoods League Foundation is: To utilize the game of baseball to enrich the quality of life for children and families with an enduring and caring focus on Northwoods League communities.