The Northwoods League Foundation and the Eau Claire Express are happy to announce the continuation of the Share the Glove Program for the 2019 season. The Northwoods league created the Share the Glove Grant as part of their 25th anniversary season a year ago which awards equipment grants, with an approximate value of $2,500, to youth baseball and softball organizations across the 22 Northwoods League communities.
The grant is a standardized set of Rawlings equipment, sized for youth ages 9-12. Each grant includes:
- Softball Grant (2) Sets of Catcher’s Gear – (helmet, chest protector, shin guards, mitt) (helmet, chest protector, shin guards, mitt)
- (8) Batting helmets
- (10) Fielding gloves (8 right, 2 left)
- (1) Bucket of practice softballs
- (6) Bats (1-27”, 2-28”, 2-29”, 1-30”)
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
- Organization qualifies as a 501(c)(3) organization, school or school-based program, or community-based organization as defined under US IRC section 501(c)(3);
- Organization is not an individual, for-profit business, political, or religious organization;
- Organization provides opportunities for kids ages 9-12 to play baseball or softball within a community that is served by a Northwoods League affiliate.
Applications will be accepted until March 31st and the grant recipients will be notified prior to the start of the 2018 season.
Completed applications can be submitted through the form below. For a digital application please send an email to Chris Langlois: Chris@eauclaireexpress.com
The Northwoods League Foundation (“Foundation”) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities. The Mission of the Northwoods League Foundation is: To utilize the game of baseball to enrich the quality of life for children and families with an enduring and caring focus on Northwoods League communities.