Big Top- Ashwaubenon is currently accepting applicants for their 2020 summer internships. BTS&E- Ashwaubenon oversees operations of Capital Credit Union Park which opened May 31st 2019. Capital Credit Union Park is home to the Green Bay Booyah and Green Bay Voyageurs. The Booyah are members of the Summer Collegiate Northwoods League and play 36 home games from mid-May-August. The Voyageurs play 10 home games from mid-May – August and are part of USL League Two. The internships run from May 11th to August 18th. Additionally, BT- Ashwaubenon is part of Big Top Sports and Entertainment out of Madison, Wisconsin. Which is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation, attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2019. Big Top Sports and Entertainment annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Booyah, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Big Top Sports and Entertainment also own and operate Breese Field in Madison which is home to USL League One team. Every summer interns work directly with the management staff.
Currently 23 of Big Top Sports and Entertainment’s 28 full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are both educational and work components to this internship. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR the internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Aside from game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season. All interns will participate in a weekly sport management class that will be instructed by front office personnel. In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
All interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Kevin@booyahbaseball.com. Please highlight the two positions you are most interested in.
Capital Credit Union Park home to the Green Bay Booyah and Green Bay Voyageurs are looking for full-time marketing interns. The marketing interns will serve under the close supervision of the Marketing Manager. These positions will work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure all sponsorship and advertising contracts are implemented. Additionally, this intern will have the opportunity to help the sales staff and gain experience in the sales department.
- Help implement sponsorship contracts while executing game day activities
- Assist in coordinating all on-field promotions and pre-game activities
- Help create new and fun on-field promotions
- Assist in attending mascot and player appearances in the community
- Help deliver marketing material in the community
- Assisting in running multiple contests
- Help manage all social media outlets
- Assist or help the Marketing Manager to ensure that the ballpark is ready and looking presentable each game day.
- Sales tasks will include assisting on calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients.
- Creative mind set with the ability to think quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Upbeat and fun personality
Event Management – Ballpark Operations Focus Internship
Capital Credit Union Park home to the Green Bay Booyah and Green Bay Voyageurs are looking for qualified individuals to assist in the management of Food and Beverage, Hospitality and game day operations throughout the ballpark. All Operation interns will assist with Food and Beverage management, staff management, pre-season and game-day set up of the ballpark and have a large role in the overall fan experience at games.
- Help ensure that all aspects of stadium operations are completed in a timely manner
- Assist with management and staffing of game day employees
- Assist in ordering and receiving inventory (food, beer, etc.)
- Help fulfill daily food preparation needs
- Help with budget and setting goals to reduce costs
- Assist in preparing the ballpark for opening day
- Be capable of taking direction in completing assigned tasks under direct supervision
- Ability to think on one’s feet and problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
Capital Credit Union Park home to the Green Bay Booyah and Green Bay Voyageurs are looking for qualified individuals to assist in the management of Food and Beverage, Hospitality and game day operations throughout the ballpark. The hospitality intern will assist with Food and Beverage management, staff management, execution of corporate outings, and game-day set up of the ballpark and have a large role in the overall fan experience at games.
- Assist with setup and cleanup of all events held at the stadium
- Manage and supervise hospitality areas, ticket package service areas, group decks and party areas to ensure exceptional fan experience
- Work closely with Food & Beverage Interns on placing food/beverage orders, food preparation, waste management, and management of game day staff
- Management of inventory and staff for vending services
- Responsible for placing beverage orders with multiple distributors and maintaining inventory of designated areas
- Responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of the concessions areas
- Act as liaison to over ten distributors of goods and services around the ballpark
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as in a group setting
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
Video Webcast Internship
The Green Bay Booyah are seeking an individual to assist in producing a 4-camera webcast for each of their 36 home games. This individual will help manage camera operators. This intern will work to not only ensure a quality broadcast of the game, but also ensure sponsorships are fulfilled for commercial breaks.
- Assist or help manage camera operators and developing a schedule so that each of the 36 home games are covered with three camera operators at each game
- Operate a switcher and four-camera set-up to broadcast each home game online at NorthwoodsLeague.TV
- Work with Marketing Department to create short videos that can be used online to promote the fan experience at games. Examples include video spoofs, mascots doing crazy things, etc…
- Assist in the production of the team poster and team baseball cards
- Assist in taking player head shots, and uploading these pictures to the website
- Previous experience with Final Cut Pro or iMovie on a MacBook isn’t required, but is a skill you will need to learn. Previous experience in either of these will improve your standing (a sample of video editing may be asked for)
- Must be a creative thinker with the ability to think of new, fun ideas to improve the fan experience through video
Graphic Design Intern
Capital Credit Union Park, home of the Green Bay Booyah Baseball Club and Green Bay Voyageurs FC, is looking for passionate graphic design intern for the fall and winter of 2019/2020! Come work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment and learn the ins and outs of brand strategy and visual design in the sports industry. The successful candidate will be assisting the creative/marketing department with their day-to-day operations on a wide range of projects, including digital initiatives and printed collateral. You will be expected to come in two-three days a week. Hours are flexible and we are willing to work with your school schedule.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Assist the creative/marketing team in designing for both digital and print, including digital campaigns, arena graphics and other promotional materials such as invitations, logos/lockups, postcards, brochures, flyers, signage, advertisements etc.
- Work with existing creative and deliver supporting designs, as well as execute original designs based on supporting strategy and brand guidelines
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions, reviews and other creative collaborations
- Must be a recent grad or currently enrolled in a college or university with a major focused in graphic design, visual communications or related field
- Must possess working skills in Adobe Creative Suite on Mac platform – specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Lightroom AND AfterEffects
- Advanced layout and typography knowledge
- Good communicator, with professional attitude and time management skills
- Must be creative, resourceful and a problem solver
- Has the ability to meet tight deadlines and work with changing priorities
- Must submit a portfolio of work to be considered
- Local candidates only
- This internship can be done to receive college credit
Capital Credit Union Park home to the Green Bay Booyah and Green Bay Voyageurs is seeking individuals to assist in the team’s ticket office for the summer. This individual will be primarily taking phone and walk up orders as well as preparing Will Call and corporate tickets. This individual will be expected to become a ticket system expert, do daily/weekly reports, make calls to individual ticket purchasers, and provide amazing customer service to all ticket buyers
- Assist Box Office Manager with daily duties
- Work with ticket package holders to make exchanges
- Assist in box office management
- Prepare Will Call and corporate tickets
- Make ticket deliveries
- Make calls to ticket buyers and prospective buyers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Ability to adapt on the fly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Field Operations Internship
Capital Credit Union park is seeking an individual to assist in the team’s field turf management department. This individual will be primarily working with the stadium’s facility director with field maintenance, repair and up keep as well as the up keep of the clubhouse and laundry.
- Clean and organize dugouts
- Line fields for baseball and soccer
- Edge and repair grass as needed
- Clean clubhouse
- Assist with player laundry
- Assist with ballpark maintenance and repair
- Excellent organizational skills
- Understanding of sprinkler systems or ability to learn
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Knowledge of lawn equipment
To apply send cover letter and resume to Kevin@booyahbaseball.com. Please highlight the two positions you would be most interested in.