Incoming Loggers Weekend Recap (3/8/2017)
As the third weekend of college baseball is in the books, many 2017 incoming Loggers had outstanding performances, yet again. While there are many highlights to share, the following are just to name a few.
- Michael Plassmeyer got the start against UIC on Saturday. The Missouri sophomore LHP tossed five innings allowing five hits and four runs, while collecting six strikeouts.
- Missouri's freshman LHP, TJ Sikkema, earned his second collegiate win on Saturday against UIC. Coming in to relieve his teammate, Michael Plassmeyer, Sikkema threw four strong innings, scattering just two hits and allowing no runs with seven strikeouts.
- Kyle Hill, Baylor's sophomore RHP, has been putting on a show after coming out of the bullpen. In his six appearances, Hill has allowed just eight hits and struck out 14 with an ERA of 0.79. On Friday, Hill closed out the 4-0 upset against #9 Ole Miss.
- John Sheaks, junior RHP from Long Beach State, boosted his team to a 4-1 win at #7 North Carolina on Saturday. Sheaks was effective in his 5.1 innings on the mound, allowing four hits, two walks, and just one run while striking out three.
- While Arizona may have dropped the last two ending their 10-game win streak, Mitchell Morimoto continues to stay hot at the plate. The junior has crushed 21 hits adding nine RBI. He leads the team with a .467 batting average.
- Heavily contributing to USF's nine-game win streak, Coco Montes has a .372 batting average with 16 hits and eight RBI. Defensively, Montes has started all 12 games as well.
As you can see, some of these players are repeat offenders of having standout performances each weekend. We hope the trend continues. Check back here next week for more updates on your 2017 incoming Loggers!