(Rochester, Minn.) – The Northwoods League today announced their top 200 prospects from the 2014 season. The list was compiled by Bradley Smart from Smart on Sports after discussions with all 18 Field Managers in the Northwoods League.
The first 100 prospects are listed along with a short summary of their 2014 season in the Northwoods League. A complete listing is attached and can also be downloaded by clicking the below link.
2014 Northwoods League Top 200
The top 10 prospects from the 2014 season are as follows:
1. Ryan Smoyer, rhp, Kalamazoo Growlers (Notre Dame)
2. Pete Alonso, 1b, Madison Mallards (Florida)
3. Andrew Elliot, rhp, Lakeshore Chinooks (Wright State)
4. Matt Kent, lhp, Rochester Honkers (Texas A & M)
5. Reese Gregory, rhp, St. Cloud Rox (St. Cloud State)
6. Zach Jackson, rhp, Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (Arkansas)
7. Paul DeJong, 3b, Wisconsin Woodchucks (Illinois State)
8. Tyler Sullivan, of, Mankato MoonDogs (Pacific)
9. Breckin Williams, rhp, La Crosse Loggers (Missouri)
10. Rico Garcia, rhp, Kenosha Kingfish (Hawaii Pacific)
The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. The 21-year old summer collegiate league is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, 120 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (DET) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (WAS), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Allen Craig (STL) and Ben Zobrist (TB). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League YouTube channel. For more information, visit www.northwoodsleague.com.