With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, Slider's Healthy Thought of The Day is About Potatoes!
Did you know…
- Potatoes were often eaten aboard ships to prevent scurvy because they are loaded with vitamin C, nearly 46% of the daily recommended amount!
- Potatoes can be prepared many ways including boiled, mashed, baked, or made into French fries and hash browns.
- Although it shares the same name, sweet potatoes are a root vegetable while regular potatoes are tubers (underground stems), and are only loosely related.
- The United States first president George Washington grew sweet potatoes on his farmland in Mount Vernon, Virginia.
- You can get baked potatoes at a Honkers games!
Be sure to check back for Slider's Healthy Thought of the Day again next week presented by Olmsted County Public Health and your Rochester Honkers!