The St. Cloud Rox organization is proud to announce that its Rox Project S.A.V.E. Foundation was recognized as the Northwoods League’s Community Program-of-the-Year for the 2023 season. It was the second time in as many seasons that the Rox Foundation has captured this award for its work in communities all throughout Central Minnesota. In 2023, the Foundation raised more than $156,000. The award is voted on by all 23 Northwoods League team members.
“The philanthropy and community engagement throughout the year is teamwork at its best for the greater good of our community. It is only possible because of the great fans, corporate partners, and staff,” said Rox Managing Partner Scott Schreiner.
Now in its fifth season of operation, the Rox Foundation has grown to become one of the most unique charitable organizations in the Central Minnesota region. Its primary mission as a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity is to support youth-based programs in the areas of Sport, Arts, Volunteerism activities, and Educational initiatives.
Some of the key highlights from the 2023 season for the Rox Foundation included:
- Scholarship Program – Commitment to award 21 individual college scholarships to senior class students attending Central Minnesota High Schools at an investment level of $21,000.
- Fitness Program – The Rox Foundation created a new pilot program for the St. Cloud Area School District 742 that challenged nearly 2,000 grade level students (3-5) at seven elementary schools to perform a Fitness Activity for “20 minutes” each day over a three-week period in March.
- RBI Club – Created another pilot program for the St. Cloud School District 742 that provided just over 400 elementary grade (3-5) students at Lincoln Elementary in St. Cloud with Free Reading Books at six different times during the school year to help incentivize the students to Read Books Independently while at home.
- Sporting Clays Shootout – A third-year event created and managed by the Foundation that is held at the Rice Creek Hunting Club in Little Falls. The 2023 event was sold out and raised just over $60,000 for Project S.A.V.E.
- Mini Golf Corporate Challenge Cup Tournament – The second-year event, also created and managed by the Foundation, sold out the 18-Hole Tournament at the Lakes Adventure course in Sauk Rapids and raised just over $15,000 for the Central MN Auto Care Association Scholarship program for students advancing their education in the automotive industry.
- Launch-A-Ball – A fundraising event that took place after each of the seven Rox Friday night home games, raising just over $5,100 for the Sauk Rapids-Rice Youth Baseball Association in support of their campaign to build two new baseball fields.
The Rox would like to also thank the Foundations partners Wells, Miller Auto Plaza, CLA, and Napa Central.
For more information, please contact:
Jim Loria / Chief Administrator
Rox Project S.A.V.E. Foundation