Applications Close: Monday, April 26th
Winners Announced: Wednesday, May 12th
The first 100 teachers nominated will receive (1) FREE ticket to the
Kids Choice Awards: Teacher Edition Night at the ballpark on Friday, June 11th
Kids Choose. We Listen.
Attention students! We need your help. Our friends at Lignite Energy Council have given us a very important mission. They have challenged us to find the BEST teachers in North Dakota. We are searching far and wide for teachers who:
- Always have FUN
- Make learning AWESOME
- EXCITE and INSPIRE students (like you)
Does your teacher play cool games? Give you extra free time? Or maybe your teacher helped you with a really hard math problem. If so, we want to know!
How do I nominate my teacher?
(3) Ways to Nominate
- ONLINE: Submit your nomination form below
- BY MAIL/EMAIL: Click here for the printable nomination form
- VIDEO: Create a video telling us what makes your teacher the best
(video submissions will have the chance to be featured on the Larks social media platforms)
How do I upload a video?
- Upload the video using the form below
- Send the video via email or Facebook
How do I send a printed nomination?
- Printed nominations can be sent by email, Facebook or mail
Facebook: Bismarck Larks
Teacher of the Year
201 West Front Avenue
Bismarck, ND 58501
The Larks and Lignite Energy Council will select the top 5 teachers to be recognized as the Teachers of the Year.
Each Teacher of the Year winner will receive:
- A virtual or in-person classroom visit/assembly (depending on school COVID-19 protocols)
- (2) tickets to Kids Choice Awards: Teacher Edition Night (Friday, June 11)
- On-field recognition during the game with the student who nominated them
- A personalized Larks jersey
- Feature story in the Larks game day program
From these teachers, one teacher will be awarded the Overall Larks Teacher of the Year and will receive all of the above perks plus:
- A $1,000 STEM Technology grant for their school
- A $250 gift card for school supplies
- (1) FREE ticket to the Lignite Energy Council Teacher of the Year seminar
“We are proud of all of our teachers, especially those who taught during the coronavirus pandemic, which had altered the classroom drastically. We recognize the sacrifices teachers have had to make in order to maintain learning for their students. We want to give huge a THANK YOU to every teacher who has made learning possible throughout the state of North Dakota. Your efforts will have an impact for years to come!”
– Jason Bohrer, Lignite Energy Council President & CEO