The Bismarck Larks are proud members of the Northwoods League, one of the leaders in summer-collegiate baseball when it comes to providing an exceptional experience for baseball players looking to take their game to the next level. With over 300 players now who have played in Major League Baseball, the Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players.
In the six seasons of the Bismarck Larks franchise, 40 players have signed professional contracts after their time with the Larks. In 2022, the Larks had the most players drafted in a single season with 6 players drafted.
Cooper Coldiron (2017)
- Draft: 2017, Chicago Cubs, Round: 39, Overall Pick 1185
- Cooper did not sign with the Cubs
- College: University of Houston
In 2017, infielder Cooper Coldiron hit .267 in 36 games. He collected 35 hits and 18 RBI for the Larks.
Ryan Anderson (2017)
- Texas Rangers (A) — last played in 2021, has a career .244 batting average, 9 HRs in MiLB
- Draft: 2018, Texas Rangers, Round: 31, Overall Pick: 929
- College: UC Davis
In 2017, outfielder Ryan Anderson played in 49 games for the Larks. He led the team with a .340 batting average and 5 HRs and was second on the team with 27 RBI.
Quinn Irey (2017)
- American Association (Indy) — last played in 2019 for Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks
- College: Jamestown University
In 2017, catcher Quinn Irey racked up 34 hits in 47 games for the Larks.
Connor Perry (2017-18)
- Detroit Tigers (A) — last played in 2021, has a career .227 batting average in 43 games in MiLB
- Draft: 2019, Detroit Tigers, Round: 28, Overall Pick: 832
- College: Univ. of Pittsburgh
Outfielder Connor Perry spent time with the Larks in both the 2017 and 2018 seasons, although the majority of his time in Bismarck was in 2017 when he hit .221 with 4 HRs and 19 RBI. Connor’s younger brother, Dylan, played for the Larks in 2022.
Noah Sadler (2017)
- Frontier League (Indy) — last played in 2 games in 2019 with the Joliet Slammers.
- College: Illinois State
Outfielder Noah Sadler hit .213 for the Larks in 2017. He collected 35 hits in 52 games played and walked 40 times.
Wyatt Ulrich (2017-20)
- American Association (Indy) — currently plays for the Sioux Falls Canaries; also spent time with the San Diego Padres AA and A affiliates in 2022
- Larks Hall of Fame Inductee, Class of 2021
- 2020 Rawlings “Big Stick” Award for Northwoods League OF
- 2019 NWL All-Star, 2020 NWL Postseason All-Star
- College: Saint John’s
Outfielder Wyatt Ulrich is the most notable Larks player in the history of the franchise. He played in 5 seasons in Bismarck with 2019 being his best statistical season. He led the team with 40 RBI and was second with a .323 batting average. In 2020, he hit .375 in 26 games.
Ulrich holds the franchise record in several statistical categories including runs, hits, RBI, and walks. He has the Northwoods League career record for runs scored with 169.
Micah Beyer (2017)
- Frontier League (Indy) — last played for the Lake Erie Crushers in 2018. Appeared in 9 games with a 1-3 record and a 3.86 ERA
- College: Biola University
- 2-time NWL Pitcher of the Night (June 22, June 28, 2017)
In his 5 games with the Larks, right-handed pitcher Micah Beyer was one of the most impressive pitchers in franchise history. Micah went 3-0 with a 0.75 ERA across 36 innings. His final 3 starts for the Larks include 3 shutouts where he went at least 7 innings. On June 22, 2017 against the Mankato MoonDogs, Micah struck out 14 of the 31 batters he faced.
Parker Harm (2017-18)
- Kansas City Royals (A+) — currently plays for the Quad Cities River Bandits (Sept. 2022). Parker has a 1-1 record with a 6.69 ERA in his MiLB career
- College: North Dakota State
Left-handed pitcher Parker Harm, native of Mandan, ND, pitched in 15 games across the 2017 and 2018 seasons for the Larks. In 2018, he had a 2.93 ERA and collected 1 save.
Andy LaLonde (2017)
- Can-Am League (Indy) — last played in 2018 for the Rockland Boulders. Andy pitched in 11 games with a 4.76 ERA.
- College: Southern New Hampshire
In 2017, right-handed pitcher Andy LaLonde pitched in 13 games for the Larks. He led the team with 4 wins, 66 innings pitched, and 56 strikeouts (next closest was 30 Ks), and was fourth on the team with a 3.27 ERA.
Jeff Lindgren (2017-18)
- Miami Marlins (AAA) — currently plays for the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. Jeff has a career 14-13 record in 237.1 innings pitched in MiLB
- Draft: 2019, Miami Marlins, Round: 24, Overall Pick: 711
- College: Illinois State
Right-handed pitcher Jeff Lindgren spent both the 2017 and 2018 season in Bismarck. In 2017, he was 2-1 with a 3.03 ERA and struck out 26 batters in 26.2 innings. In 2018, Jeff was even better — going 3-1 with a 1.45 ERA in 24.2 innings. He had 18 strikeouts in 9 games. Jeff is currently at the highest level a former Larks player has been in professional baseball.
Chris Roycroft (2017-18)
- St. Louis Cardinals (A+) — currently plays for the Peoria Chiefs (Sept. 2022). He has a 2-1 record and a 4.98 ERA in his MiLB career
- College: Aurora University
Chris Roycroft was a former right-handed pitcher for the Larks from 2017-18. In 2018, Chris appeared in 11 games and was 3-0 with a 3.00 ERA in 12 innings. He pitched in Bismarck’s 2018 NWL Playoffs appearance against the Duluth Huskies, where he went 1.2 innings and struck out 2. Chris only appeared in 4 games in 2017 but was 1-0 with a 1.50 ERA.
Carson Bartels (2018)
- Frontier League (Indy) — last played for the Southern Illinois Miners in 2021 where he had 35 hits in 46 games
- College: Saint John’s University
Infielder Carson Bartels played in 55 games for the Larks in 2018 and hit .198 in 187 at-bats. Carson came up big in Bismarck’s 2018 NWL Playoffs appearance against the Duluth Huskies, where he went 4-4 with an RBI.
Tristen Carranza (2018)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (Rookie) — last played in 2019 for the Missoula Osprey where he was a PIO Mid-Season All-Star
- College: New Mexico State
Infielder Tristen Carranza hit .240 in 45 games for the Larks in 2017, including 4 HRs (T-3rd) and 31 RBI (3rd).
Ripken Reyes (2018)
- San Diego Padres (AA) — currently plays for the San Antonio Missions (Sept. 2022) and is a career .266 hitter in MiLB
- Draft: 2019, San Diego Padres, Round: 30, Overall Pick: 893
- College: San Diego
- 2018 NWL All-Star
- 2018 Major League Dreams Showcase Selection
- 2018 Rawlings ‘Finest in the Field’ Award for NWL 2B
The 5-9 infielder Ripken Reyes hit .303 in 2018 for the Larks, including 72 hits (2nd) in 61 games.
Dylan Rock (2018)
- Toronto Blue Jays (A) — currently plays for the Dunedin Blue Jays (Sept. 2022)
- Draft: 2022, Toronto Blue Jays, Round: 8, Overall Pick: 248
- College: Texas A&M
Outfielder Dylan Rock hit .119 for the Larks in 12 games in 2018 as a freshman from Texas A&M. In his collegiate career, Dylan was named to the 2022 All-SEC Second Team, 2022 NCBWA All-American, 2022 ABCA All-Region Team, 2022 ABCA/Rawlings All-American, and to the 2022 D1Baseball.com All-America Team.
Matt Warkentin (2018-19)
- Chicago Cubs (A+) — last played for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans in 2022. Matt hit .222 with 5 HRs In 171 at-bats in MiLB
- Larks Hall of Fame Inductee, Class of 2022
- 2018 Rawlings ‘Finest in the Field’ Award for NWL 1B
- 2018 NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Selection
- 2018 NWL Home Run Derby Participant (finished 3rd in North (now Great Plains) with 8 HRs)
- 2-time NWL Player of the Night (Aug. 2, 2018; July 10, 2019)
- College: Xavier University
Infielder Matt Warkentin played for the Larks in 2018-19 and had arguably the greatest season in franchise history in 2018. Matt hit .309 (2nd) and led the team and was 2nd in the NWL with 14 HRs (single-season franchise record), 54 RBI, and 88 hits — while being a stud defender. In 2019, Matt hit .302 in 15 games with 4 HRs — his 18 career HRs are a franchise record and tied for 17th all-time in NWL history.
He is also 8th in Northwoods League history in total bases in a season (150 TB) and is tied for 13th in extra-base hits in a season (32 XBHs). On August 2nd, 2018, Matt drove in 9 runs — a franchise record.
Bruce Bell (2018)
- Atlantic League (Indy) — currently plays for the Lexington Legends (Sept. 2022) and is 1-6 with a 9.77 ERA in his career in Independent Ball
- College: University of Pikesville
Right-handed pitcher Bruce Bell pitched in 9 games for the Larks in 2018, where he was 1-2 with a 9.19 ERA in 15.2 innings.
Koby Bishop (2018)
- American Association (Indy) — currently plays for the Kane County Cougars, where he is 0-3 with a 6.22 ERa in 46.1 innings
- College: Augustana University
Left-handed pitcher Koby Bishop was 0-1 with a 7.83 ERA in 4 games with the Larks in 2018.
Kip DeShields (2018)
- Pecos League (Indy) — last played for the Santa Fe Fuego in 2019. Koby pitched 4 innings and had an 11.25 ERA.
- College: Youngstown State
Right-handed pitcher Kip DeShields pitched in 2 games for the Larks in 2018, allowing 7 ERs in 7 innings while striking out 6 batters.
Zack Jones (2018)
- Frontier League (Indy) — currently plays for the Lake Erie Crushers and is 4-2 lifetime in Independent Ball
- College: Citadel
Zach Jones, a right-handed pitcher for the Larks in 2018, went 2-3 with a 4.50 ERA in 8 games.
Hendry Rodriguez (2018)
- Frontier League (Indy) — last played for the Schaumburg Boomers in 2018. He was 0-2 with a 7.04 ERA in Independent Ball
- College: LSU-Alexandria
- 2018 NWL All-Star
- 3x time NWL Pitcher of the Night (June 8, July 3, Aug. 1, 2018)
Right-handed pitcher Hendry Rodriguez was 5-4 with a 2.71 ERA in the 2018 regular season for the Bismarck Larks. In 63 innings, he struck out 68 batters. He was 4-1 in the first half of 2018 — which earned him a 2018 NWL All-Star bid — including a clutch performance on July 3, 2018, against the St. Cloud Rox to clinch the North Division (now Great Plains) first-half crown, where he went 8.2 innings, struck out 9 Rox, and did not allow an earned run.
Patrick Arndt (2019)
- American Association (Indy) — last played for the Sioux Falls Canaries in 2021. He saw 2 games of action and walked once.
- College: Chicago State
Catcher Patrick Arndt appeared in 10 games for the Larks in 2019, hitting .185 with 2 of his 5 hits being triples in the same game on June 22nd, 2019 against the Duluth Huskies.
Cooper Bowman (2019)
- Oakland A’s (A+) — currently plays for the Lansing Lugnuts (Sept. 2022). Cooper is a career .220 hitter in MiLB
- Draft: 2021, New York Yankees, Round: 4, Overall Pick: 122
- College: Louisville
Infielder Cooper Bowman starred for the Larks in 2019 with a .247 batting average and had 12 stolen bases in 28 games. Cooper was part of the trade that sent RHP Frankie Montas and RHP Lou Trivino to the New York Yankees from the Oakland Athletics in 2022. In his first game with the A’s organization, Cooper hit a home run.
AJ Gill (2019)
- Chicago White Sox (A+) — retired in February 2022. AJ hit .193 in 62 games in the MiLB
- College: Aurora University
Infielder AJ Gill played in 5 games for the Larks in 2019 and collected 3 hits in 14 at-bats.
Dalton Mitchell (2019)
- Frontier League (Indy) — last played for the Chicago Deep Dish in 2020. Dalton hit .208 in 24 at-bats.
- College: Indiana University-Southeast
Right-handed pitcher Dalton Mitchell played in 5 games with the Larks in 2019, where he struck out 7 batters in 7.2 innings and had a 9.39 ERA.
Brody Tanksley (2019-21)
- Frontier League (Indy) — currently plays for the Evansville Otters (Sept. 2022). Brody is hitting .275 in 14 games
- College: Indiana University-Southeast
- 1x time NWL Player of the Night (June 22, 2021)
Catcher Brody Tanksley spent 3 seasons in Bismarck from 2019-21. 2019 was his best season with the Larks, where he hit .268 in 43 games, and collected 3 HRs and 36 RBI. In 2021, he hit .246 in 16 games with 3 HRs. In 2020, he hit .210 in 27 games with 11 RBI.
Adrian Cook (2019)
- Atlantic League (Indy) — currently plays for the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs (Sept. 2022).
- College: LSU-Shreveport
The right-handed pitcher Adrian Cook appeared in 2 games for the Larks in 2019.
Eric Hildebrand (2019)
- Chicago White Sox (A+) — currently plays for the ACL White Sox (Sept. 2022)
- College: Purdue
Eric Hildebrand was a right-handed pitcher for the Larks in 2019. Eric was 2-2 with a 3.14 ERA in 28.2 innings.
Max Tannenbaum (2019)
- Atlantic League (Indy) — currently plays for the Charleston Dirty Birds (Sept. 2022). In 34 games, Max is 1-4 with a 5.08 ERA
- College: Babson College
Max Tannenbaum, a right-handed pitcher for the Larks in 2019, appeared in 7 games and was 0-3 in his 13 innings.
Trystan Vreiling (2020, MAN Flickertails)
- Draft: 2022, New York Yankees, Round: 3, Overall Pick: 100 — Trystan is the highest-drafted player in Larks franchise history
- Trystan is yet to sign his professional contract (Sept. 2022)
- College: Gonzaga University
Right-handed pitcher Trystan Vreiling appeared in 9 games for the Mandan Flickertails in 2020. He was 1-1 with a 2.31 ERA. He was credited with the loss in the first game of the 2020 Northwoods League North Dakota Pod season.
Jackson Loftin (2020, MAN Flickertails)
- Houston Astros (A) — currently plays for the Fayetteville Woodpeckers (Sept. 2022)
- Draft: 2022, Houston Astros, Round: 13, Overall Pick: 403
- College: Oral Roberts
Infielder Jackson Loftin played in 31 games for the Mandan Flickertails in 2020. He hit .245 with 27 hits, 2 HRs, and 14 RBI. Loftin was the first batter to hit in the 2020 Northwoods League North Dakota Pod season.
Torin Montgomery (2020, BIS Bull Moose)
- Miami Marlins (A) — currently plays for the Jupiter Hammerheads (Sept. 2022)
- Draft: 2022, Miami Marlins, Round: 14, Overall Pick: 412
- College: Missouri
- 1x time NWL Player of the Night (June 22, 2020)
Infielder Torin Montgomery hit .324 in 30 games for the Bismarck Bull Moose in 2020. He had 2 HRs and 21 RBI. Torin was All-Mountain West in 2019 at Boise State before the program disbanded. He was drafted in the 35th round of the 2019 MLB First-Year Player Draft by the Miami Marlins, before being selected again 21 rounds sooner by the same team.
Ike Buxton (2020, BIS Bull Moose)
- Miami Marlins (Rookie) — currently plays for the FCL Marlins
- Draft: 2022, Miami Marlins, Round: 15, Overall Pick: 442
- College: Lipscomb
Right-handed pitcher Ike Buxton appeared in 8 games for the Bismarck Bull Moose in 2020. In 14 innings, Ike was 0-2 with a 13.50 ERA.
Patrick Pridgen (2020, MAN Flickertails)
- Detriot Tigers (A) — currently plays for the Lakeland Flying Tigers (Sept. 2022)
- Draft: 2022, Detroit Tigers, Round: 15, Overall Pick: 447
- College: Florida International
Right-handed pitcher Patrick Pridgen appeared in 7 games in 2020 for the Mandan Flickertails. In 25.2 innings, Patrick was 2-1 with a 3.16 ERA.
Nate Boyle (2020-22)
- Pioneer League (Indy) — currently plays for the Missoula PaddleHeads (Sept. 2022)
- College: Drury University
Right-handed pitcher Nate Boyle got better every time he stepped on the mound for the Larks from 2020-22. In 14 innings in 2020, Nate had a 1.29 ERA. In 22 innings in 2021, Nate was 1-2 with 2 saves and a 5.32 ERA. 2022 was his best season, where he collected 5 saves in 8 games with a 2.25 ERA.
Seth Brewer (2020-22)
- Pioneer League (Indy) — currently plays for the Idaho Falls Chukars (Sept. 2022)
- College: Northern State University
- 2021 NWL All-Star
Seth Brewer, a right-handed pitcher for the Larks from 2020-22, put together one of the best careers from a Bismarck pitcher. In 2020, he was 4-0 with 49 strikeouts (team-leading, T-3rd in NWL) in 41.1 innings. In 2021, Seth went 4-2 in 53.2 innings and collected 55 strikeouts (team-leading). In 2o22, Seth was 2-5 in 28.0 innings and struck out 24 batters.
Trey Woosley (2020)
- Frontier League (Indy) — currently plays for the Empire State Greys
- College: Murray State
Trey Woosley, an infielder who played for the Larks in 2020, hit .141 with 10 RBI in his time in Bismarck.
Collin Hopkins (2020, MAN Flickertails)
- Minnesota Twins (A) — last played for the Fort Meyers Mighty Mussels in 2021
- College: Indiana University
Catcher Collin Hopkins played for the Mandan Flickertails in 2020 and hit .241 in 15 games.
John Wilson (2020, MAN Flickertails)
- Minnesota Twins (A) — currently plays for the Fort Meyers Mighty Mussels (Sept. 2022)
- Draft: 2016, Cincinnati Reds, Round: 38, Overall Pick: 1128
- College: Old Dominion
- 2020 NWL Postseason All-Star
Left-handed pitcher John Wilson pitched for the Mandan Flickertails in 2020. John appeared in 5 games and was 2-1 with 1 save. He collected 19 strikeouts in 22 innings but did not allow a single earned run.