ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Lark’s Community FUNd will provide a Field of Dreams annual grant or grants to a non-profit. The purpose of the Field of Dreams Grant is to help non-profit organizations improve their athletic facility, in particular baseball and softball facilities.
CRITERIA & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
To qualify for consideration for the Field of Dreams Grant, the following criteria must be met by your organization or by you individually.
You must be representing a non-profit association, organization, or club.
- Projects must be facility improvements and may include purchasing recreational equipment.
- School District Property: Projects on School district property must have a letter of support from the School District’s buildings and grounds supervisor and school principal.
- Park District Property: Projects on park district property must have a letter of support from the Executive Director
- Projects that will receive the most significant consideration for funding:
- Projects that serve a wide variety of groups or a large number of people, rather than projects serving a limited number of groups
- Projects that can be used throughout the year – more than one season
- Project must benefit Bismarck, Mandan surrounding communities.
- Projects that will NOT receive consideration for funding:
- Projects on private property as fixed improvements that aren’t open to the public
- Personally, operations, consultants
- Projects that have begun before grant approval
- Projects that use in-kind expenses as a match for grant application
- No clothing or uniforms
- The Larks Community FUNd Board shall determine how much, if any, will be available each budget year for the Field of Dreams matching funds and may change or make exceptions to the amount at any time.
- The project will be funded at no more than 50% of the total estimated cost or up to a maximum of $5,000, whichever is less.
- The matching fund for the grant must be cash. In-Kind expenses or other grants can not be matching funds.
- The project sponsor must certify that they have the necessary funds for their share of the estimate project cost.
- The expense will need to be paid by the recipient up front. The Larks Community FUNd reimbursed the organization once a receipt of payment is provided.
- Each year Larks Community FUNd has one application deadline but can add additional deadlines later in the year based on available funds and applications. The application deadline will be February 1 of each year.
- The applications must be submitted electronically through the website.
- We do not accept handwritten, mailed, or emailed applications.
- If an application is incomplete or missing pertinent information in the request format, it may be considered ineligible for review and declined.
- Organizations or individuals can only apply and receive funding once in twelve months.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Executive Director of the Larks Community FUNd and make a recommendation to the Larks Community FUNd Board. The Board will make the final decision.
- The Larks Community Fund Executive Director will respond electronically to all applicants, including the approval or denial of the Field of Dreams Grant. Those approved for the grant will receive an agreement stating the grant funds’ provisions.