ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Lark’s Community FUNd will provide a Field of Dreams annual grant or grants to a non-profit. The purpose of the Field of Dreams Grant is to help non-profit organizations improve their athletic facility, in particular baseball and softball facilities.
CRITERIA & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
In order to qualify for consideration for the Field of Dreams Grant, the following criteria must be met by your organization or by you individually.
You must be representing a non-profit association, organization or club.
- Projects must be facility improvements and may include the purchase of recreational equipment.
- School District Property: Projects on School district property must have a letter of support from the School District’s buildings and grounds supervisor and school principal.
- Park District Property: Projects on park district property must have a letter of support from the Executive Director
- Projects that will receive the greatest consideration for funding:
- Projects that serve a wide variety of groups or large number of people, rather than projects serving a limited number of groups
- Projects that can be used thought the year – more than one season
- Project must benefit Bismarck, Mandan or Lincoln or should be in a roughly 45 mile area around Bismarck/Mandan
- Projects that will NOT receive consideration for funding:
- Projects on private property as fixed improvements that aren’t open to the public
- Presonall, operations, consultants
- Projects that have begun before grant approval
- Projects that use in-kind expenses as a match for grant application
- No clothing or uniforms
- The Larks Community FUNd Board shall determine how much, if any, will be available each budget year for the Field of Dreams marching funds and may change or make exceptions to the amount at any time. The budget for 2024 has been set at $5,000.
- The project will be funded at no more than 50% of the total estimated cost, or up to a maximum of $5,000, whichever is less.
- The Field of Dreams Grant provides a dollar-for-dollar match up to $5,000.
- The Grant does not consider matching funds for projects with in-kind expenses.
- The project sponsor must certify that they have the necessary funds for their share of the total estimated project cost.
- Each year Larks Cares has one application deadline but can add an additional deadline later in the year based on available funds and applications. Application deadline will be February 1 of each year.
- The applications must be submitted electronically through the form provided on the website.
- We do not accept handwritten, mailed or emailed applications.
- If an application is incomplete or missing pertinent information in the request format, it may be considered ineligible for review and be declined.
- Organizations or individuals can only apply and receive funding once in a twelve-month period.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Executive Director of the Larks Community FUNd and make a recommendation to the Larks Community FUNd Board. The Board will make the final decision.
- A response will be sent electronically to all applicants, including the approval or denial of the Field of Dreams Grant. For those approved, an agreement will be sent to the successful project sponsors, which will state the provisions of the grant funds.
- If you receive the funds, how would you recognize the Larks Community FUNd.