This race is going to be “wheelie” good!
Join the Larks and Hollevoet & Welk Orthodontics for the FREE Summer Olympic Bike Ride in Bismarck-Mandan on Saturday, August 13, starting at 10 AM! Check-in starts at 9 AM at the south side of Kiwanis Park on Bowen Ave. across from the ballpark.
Every racer is guaranteed to get a medal and to have a good time along the route!
Participants can park in the parking lot for Bismarck Municipal Ballpark, but should be access the lot from Hanafin St. There is no access via Sweet Ave. before or during the race for the safety of the riders and for Kids Day at the BisMarket.
This is the 2nd annual Bike Ride in honor of Hunter Seifert, a courteous young man from Bismarck who lost his battle with cancer in 2019 but lived his life to the fullest each and every day. In his honor, Hollevoet and Welk Orthodontics has teamed up with the Larks in order to raise money that supports recreational activities, scholarships, and FUN experiences so EVERY child can live their life to the fullest like Hunter did.
This is a FREE event, but we do kindly ask for any at-will, cash donations during the event. All net proceeds raised will go to the Larks Community FUNd, which funds various sport, scholarship, and experience-based initiatives for youth in the Bismarck Mandan community.
To continue Hunter’s legacy, Hollevoet & Welk Orthodontics is excited to partner with the following businesses in our community to raise awareness and encourage families to prioritize their health.
2022 RIDE INFORMATION
3.6 Mile Route
Recommended for families with kids ages 7 and under.
10.6 Mile Route
Recommended for families kids ages 8+
Helmets are required for all participants!
Aid/water stations (power stations) will be located along the route. (see below for more information)
What is a Power Station?
Power stations are spots along the route to POWER-UP and have FUN!
Each power station had water for participants plus fun, family activities. Here’s what you’ll find along the route:
- Discus Toss: Throw a frisbee through each of the rings on the Olympic logo
- Balance Beam: Test your gymnastics balance and walk across the balance beam
- Soccer: Kick a ball into the net and score a goal
- Water and Snack Station: Enjoy pretzels, Fruit Loops, Goldfish, water and more
- Hurdles: Jump over each of the hurdles
- Baseball: Hit a water balloon off a tee to cool off just like your favorite Larks player or show off your speed pitch
When do we get our medals?
Participants receive their medals at the completion of the bike ride. They must complete all power stations to receive a medal.
What happens after the ride?
After the ride, fans can enjoy Kids Day at the BisMarket! The BisMarket is open from 10 am – 1 pm. It’s FREE and ALL are welcome! The BisMarket is packed with SUPER cool products and activities such as:
- High-quality, locally produced, farm-fresh goods
- Handmade artisan products
- Homemade baked goods
- Food trucks
- Fun activities for the entire family including a bounce house, zip-line, games, pictures with Clark and Merifeather
- LIVE entertainment from local musicians
Safety is key for this event. Bismarck police will be at the River Road crossing and volunteers will be at all other intersections.