Bismarck Name the Team Contest Down to Three Choices
In an election year, what better way is there to pick our team name than a good old fashioned VOTE!
NOW THIS IS NO ORDINARY VOTE. Think about it Bismarck. This will be the logo on your hat. The name you're chanting in the bottom of the 9th. And unlike our Presidential votes, this can't be undone in 4 years. This is permanent! It's your duty; rather, it's your obligation to give your two cents and let us know what you think! Your future (or maybe just your summers) depend on it.
From July 11-August 14, the Bismarck, Mandan, and surrounding communities will be able to cast their vote for the name they'd like to be rooting for next summer. After over 500 votes, the following names were chosen as the three leading candidates to be the next Bismarck Baseball team name!
- Bismarck Bullies – A tribute to North Dakota’s favorite US President, Teddy Roosevelt, this name would focus it’s branding around a Teddy themed “Bull” Moose, referencing the Bull Moose Party he started in 1912. Think of a moose with monocles and a mustache! Themed red, white, and blue, the Bullies branding would feature a popular North Dakota animal and give off a patriotic feel that fits well for a team located in the capital of the state. Adding seating sections like The President’s Club and The Pulpit at the ballpark would tie this presidential theme all together.
- Bismarck Flickertails – A nod to North Dakota’s nickname the Flickertail State, this name gives the new team a fun, family-friendly identity with a great minor league feel to it. The logo and mascot, a Flickertail, would give major emphasis on the ground squirrel’s iconic tail and teeth. Seating areas like the The Nut House would soon become fan favorites.
- Bismarck Larks (Meadowlarks) – Not only does the name have a great ring to it when said with Bismarck, but the state bird of North Dakota also visits our state mostly in the summer (just like our baseball team). The Meadowlarks most distinct attribute is it’s yellow color surrounded by hints of black and grey, which would dominate the team’s branding.
For voting, fans will be entered into the drawing to win one of 50 Bismarck baseball caps or one of 25 t-shirts. To add an additional entry for prizes fans can 1) Reserve their 7-Game Ticket Package on our website (see below for details) 2) LIKE Bismarck Baseball on Facebook and post your favorite team name on our wall 3) Follow Bismarck Baseball on Twitter @bismarckbasebal and tweet your favorite name at the team using #FinalVote. Winners of the contest will be announced in August AFTER the Final Five name vote.
The team name, logo, and a few other exciting announcements will be released at a Team Kickoff Event at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark later this fall. Date and time of this event to be announced.
Fans can also reserve their 7-Game Packs for the 2017 inaugural season online now. 7-Game Packs and Season Tickets are the only way to guarantee tickets to Opening Weekend, the other best games of the season, Bismarck Baseball bobbleheads, and much more.
A small list of additional rules are listed below:
- One entry per email address.
- All information must be accurate in order to qualify for prizes.
- A list of winners will be posted at a later date this summer.
- Bareknuckle Baseball management reserves the right to market, develop and use in commerce, any name submitted by a contestant.
- Votes will be tallied and weighed by the team's front office in their final team name decision.
Let's make Bismarck Baseball great again!
VOTE NOW FOR YOUR FAVORITE BY ClICKING HERE: VOTE
Fans can guarantee tickets to the team’s top weekend dates of the season by locking in Bismarck Baseball’s new 7-game pack. 7-game packs include tickets to seven of the team’s top games with all-you-can-eat food and beverages and guaranteed inaugural season giveaways. Packages start at $105 per package. Fans can pre-order packages by submitting their information at https://northwoodsleague.com/bismarck-baseball/tickets/7-game-ticket-packs/. Seat location and package preference priority will be given on a first come, first serve basis. Fans can also call the team’s temporary front office at (269) 492-9966 or by emailing Director of Ticket Sales Aaron Guerrero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bismarck Baseball organization is a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Playing its 23rd season of summer collegiate baseball, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 18 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, 150 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (CWS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET), Curtis Granderson (NYM), Lucas Duda (NYM) and Ben Zobrist (CHC). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.bismarckbaseballisback.com.