2019 Community Impact
The Larks helped raise over $42,000, 5,725 meals and much more.
They have several community programs they facilitate throughout the year with help from their sponsors. These programs help by raising money for nonprofits, collecting food for food banks, honoring veterans, teachers and local heroes, encouraging students to read and even donated dog food to animal shelters.
“None if this works if our community doesn’t rally behind these causes,” John Bollinger, Larks general manager said. “We are always amazed at how much our fans and partners are willing to help. They are the real MVPs who open their hearts to others.”
- Collected 3,600 pounds of food for Farmers Union Insurance Jersey Giveaway which provided 5,725 meals to the Great Plains Food Bank
- Donated over $42,000 through ticket fundraisers (includes the First International Bank and Trust Miracle Minute, 50/50 and other sponsor promotions)
- 7,649 kids over 35 schools participated in the Larks reading program presented by Farmers Union Insurance
- 152 Lignite Energy Council Teacher of the Year Nominations
- 95 Eide Ford Veterans nominated, recognized and honored with one veteran receiving a free truck
- 18 Scheels Hidden Hometown Heroes recognized/honored
- 6 Sanford Health Home Run for Life children recognized/honored
- $611.87 raised for Abused Adult Resource Center through BNC National Bank change promotion
- 111 mascot community appearances
- Over 800 pounds of dog food donated to local animal shelters through collar promotion with Dakota Foot and Ankle Clinic
“Our mission has never been to sell out baseball games,” said Bollinger. “Our mission is to use fun to make a difference in our community. With the help of our sponsors and fans, we were able to help a lot of people.”
The Larks plan to continue and expand on these community programs in 2020.
The Bismarck Larks are a proud affiliate of the Northwoods League, the proven leader in development of elite college baseball players. The Larks mission is to use FUN to make a difference in the lives of our families, businesses, players, and communities we serve. This is accomplished with a commitment to putting fans first and providing high quality family entertainment at affordable prices. In 2019, the Larks sold out 97% of all home game tickets at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark, home of Dakota Community Bank and Trust Field. The Larks were named Northwoods Organization of the Year in 2017 and 2018.
The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. The 25-year old summer collegiate league is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 200 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (BOS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET) and Curtis Granderson (MIA). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. For more information, visit www.northwoodsleague.com or download the Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play.