Larks in the Community
The Bismarck Larks baseball team has several community programs they facilitate throughout the year with help from their sponsors. These programs help by raising money for nonprofits, donating school supplies, collecting food for food banks, honoring local heroes and even encouraging students to read.
“None of this is possible without our awesome fans and sponsors,” John Bollinger, Larks general manager said. “It’s amazing that we were even able to play baseball this summer, but baseball is more than just a way to entertain this community. It’s a way for us to use fun to make a difference. We are so happy that our fans and sponsors continue to support our team and the community programs we help provide.”
The following is a list of some of the ways the Larks have contributed to the community:
- Collected 2,390 pounds of food during the Farmers Union Insurance Jersey Giveaway which provided 2,761 meals to the Great Plains Food Bank
- Donated $35,000 through ticket fundraisers (includes the First International Bank & Trust Miracle Minute, charitable jersey auctions, BNC National Bank Change for Change program and other sponsor promotions)
- Clark’s Car Wash raised $22,070 thanks to Eide Ford and Eide Chrysler
- Over 7,000 kids in 30 schools participated in the Larks reading program presented by Farmers Union Insurance
- 69 Lignite Energy Council Teachers of the Year were nominated
- 27 students were nominated to be an MDU STEM All-Star
- 18 Scheels Hidden Hometown heroes were recognized
- 6 Sanford Health Home Run for Life children were honored
The Larks plan to continue and expand on these community programs in 2021. For more information on these programs, visit www.larksbaseball.com.
The Bismarck Larks are a proud affiliate of the Northwoods League, the proven leader in development of elite college baseball players. The Larks mission is to use FUN to make a difference in the lives of our families, businesses, players, and communities we serve. This is accomplished with a commitment to putting fans first and providing high quality family entertainment at affordable prices. In 2019, the Larks sold out 97% of all home game tickets at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark, home of Dakota Community Bank and Trust Field. The Larks were named Northwoods Organization of the Year in 2017 and 2018.
The Northwoods League is the proven leader in the development of elite college baseball players. Having completed its’ 26thseason, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and front office staff, over 230 Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time All-Star and 2016 Roberto Clemente Award winner Curtis Granderson, three-time Cy Young Award winner and World Series Champion Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and World Series Champion Chris Sale (BOS). As well as 2019 Rookie of the Year and Home Run Derby Champion Pete Alonso (NYM) and MLB All-Star Jordan Zimmermann (DET). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League website. For more information, visit www.northwoodsleague.com or download the Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play.